1. Award winning destination. Elizabeth. NJ was awarded a finalist position for the Reader’s Choice Awards for Emerging Destinations by Groups Today Magazine. The oldest city in NJ will not only provide your companies with authentic, historical tours and museums, but being a cultural melting pot will bring endless dining and nightlife options. Elizabeth is also home to NJ’s largest indoor, outlet shopping center which is tax free (on clothes and shoes). With a life of its own, Elizabeth is able to provide a unique experience when you don’t have time for the hustle and bustle of NYC or don’t have the appetite to take a bite out of the Big Apple.
2. Starting point of New Jersey. Being the starting point of New Jersey is just that, the start. What you’ll discover in Elizabeth will take you back in time and allow you to feel and touch history. Take a break from present day and allow your mind to travel back to where it all began by visiting some of our extensive historical archives in our authentic museums. There’s something for everyone to discover in Elizabeth, NJ.
3. Tax Free Shopping. Being named the 5th best city for holiday shopping isn’t easy…. Elizabeth was able to claim that top ten position for ,any reasons, but the main reason is our tax-free clothes and shoes! Spend hours walking around SIMON: The Mills at Jersey Gardens, New Jersey’s largest indoor outlet shopping mall and you’ll notice lots of suitcases. That isn’t just because of the International Airport 1 mile down the road, but because traveler’s are stocking up on gifts for loved ones as well as themselves and need to be able to get their purchases back home!
4. Cultural Cuisine. With restaurants that feature menus from across the world, Elizabeth is a destination for foodies of all types. After a day of discovering our many historical sites or shopping, stop by one of our classic American-style diners or restaurants, which put new twists on old favorites. For those looking to explore the world without leaving the city, try a dish from one of our Latin, Asian, Haitian, Italian ,or Portuguese establishments. Visitors can also savor the unique and sometimes subtle variations of cuisines from different Latin American countries. Every day in Elizabeth offers the opportunity to discover new tastes and flavors from a diverse mix of cuisine.
5. Walkable Midtown District (great for post-meeting networking events). After a long day of meetings and conferences, not many people want to travel far to grab a drink or dinner with their colleagues. The Midtown District of Elizabeth is a great place to plan your post-meeting events, as there are tons of restaurants, bars and shops to explore while experiencing a lively, fun atmosphere to give your business card and make some new friends.
6. Sports and Recreation. Elizabeth isn’t new to the sports world … being minutes away from Metlife Stadium, Redbulls Stadium and even Madison Square Garden proves that. Hop on the train and be at any one of the professional stadiums to catch a game in minutes! If you’re looking to blow off some steam on the field or the court yourself, Elizabeth has several parks to choose from. Maybe a round of golf before your meeting? Hit the green in only minutes and experience one of the best courses in the area.
7. Centrally Located. Elizabeth is just minutes from NYC and Newark Liberty International Airport [EWR], with access to every major highway and rail, making us the perfect centralized location for all corporate meetings. It doesn’t matter your choice of travel, Elizabeth is centrally located to ensure that best routes available to get to where ever your going!